How does my County of Riverside coverage compare with the Marketplace?
- The County of Riverside group health plan tends to provide more coverage at a lower cost to you than a Marketplace health plan.
- If you choose to buy health insurance in the Marketplace and decline health coverage through the County of Riverside, you will not receive a Flexible Benefit Contribution from the County of Riverside. The County of Riverside group health plan already meets or exceeds the government's standards for providing affordable minimum coverage.
What if I obtain coverage through the Marketplace and later decide to cancel coverage and elect a County of Riverside health plan?
- At this time, coverage purchased through the Marketplace or Covered California does not meet the requirements of a "group plan." As a result, loss of coverage or canceling coverage through the Marketplace is not an eligible mid-year qualifying event to enroll or cancel a County of Riverside health plan.
- However, you can re-enroll in a County of Riverside health plan during the Annual Enrollment period.
What if I'm interested in Marketplace coverage?
- California has announced that it will offer a health benefit marketplace, called Covered California. For information, go to www.CoveredCA.com or call (888) 975-1142.
What if I have questions?
- For Marketplace coverage, please call (800) 318-2596 (TTY: (855) 889-4325) or visit HealthCare.gov. Questions pertaining to County of Riverside benefits can be answered by calling the Benefits Help Line at (951) 955-4981.