COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) allows you or a dependent covered under medical, dental, vision, and/or health care Flexible Spending Accounts benefits to continue coverage when it is lost due to any of the following qualifying status changes:
• Termination of employment (for reasons other than gross misconduct)
• A reduction in the number of hours of employment that affects benefits eligibility
• Divorce or legal separation/termination of same-sex domestic partnership
• Employee’s death (for eligible dependents)
• Child ceases to be eligible for coverage
This is a brief overview of COBRA. For specific information please refer to Medical Specific Plan Details (SPD) at http://benefits.rc-hr.com/ for additional COBRA information.
You pay the COBRA rate. The County of Riverside makes no contribution. For current plan rates, refer to the Cost of Coverage page.
Note: If you are eligible and enrolled in a medical plan sponsored by CalPERS (DDAA, LEMU and RSA Public Safety members), you'll find more information relevent to CalPERS specific plans and COBRA on the CalPERS website.