All Regular County Employees (except RSA Trust members)
A personalized Life Insurance Confirmation Statement is being mailed to your current mailing address on file. The purpose of the statement is to inform and remind you of the life insurance coverage you have elected for yourself, your legal spouse/registered domestic partner or your eligible dependent child(ren), if applicable.
The statements includes the amount of life insurance coverage(s) you selected, your bi-weekly deduction(s), and list your designated beneficiaries.
We find that many employees do not keep their beneficiary designations updated or fail to remove coverage for ineligible dependents when a qualifying event occurs, such as a divorce, death, termination of registered domestic partnership, or when their child(ren) attain age 26.
What you need to do:
- Review your life insurance confirmation statement to make sure that it accurately reflects the benefits you elected.
- Review your beneficiary designations to make sure they reflect your wishes. If the Beneficiary Information section is blank, this indicates you do not have a beneficiary designated for your Life insurance coverage.
Note: You are automatically the designated beneficiary for any coverage elected for your legal spouse/registered domestic partner and/or your dependent children.
How to make corrections:
- To name or change a beneficiary or make a change to your coverage, including terminating coverage for ineligible dependents, please access www.standard.com/enroll.
- If you have questions about your coverage amounts or need assistance with the enrollment system please call (866) 623-0622.
- To update your personal information (i.e. name, address, contact phone number, etc.) please contact your Department Representative for assistance.
This is NOT an open enrollment period for life insurance. You may elect to enroll or increase your Supplemental life insurance coverage at any time. However, any requests to enroll or increase Supplemental coverage beyond the 60-day window of you first becoming eligible (e.g. new hire/rehire or entrance into an eligible bargaining unit) will require Evidence of Insurability (EOI), except on a limited basis during the specified Annual Enrollment period. You may elect to decrease or cancel Supplemental life insurance coverage at any time.
Remember to watch your mail for this important information!