Annual Enrollment for active employees not covered by the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association (RSA) Trust will begin September 09 and end September 27, 2019. Employees who receive coverage through the Riverside Sheriff’s Association Trust will receive separate communication from the Trust regarding their Annual Enrollment period.
Annual enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your elections and make changes to your benefits. During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Enroll in or change your current health plans
- Speak directly with representatives from health care plans during enrollment fairs
- Renew or enroll in the Medical Waiver program, if you are eligible
- Add or remove eligible dependents to your medical, dental or vision plan
- Enroll in a Section 125 reimbursement account for dependent care (day care) and/or medical expenses. Remember, these plans require re-enrollment every year for continued participation.
Do not miss this opportunity! After open enrollment ends you will only be permitted to make benefit election changes that are due to and consistent with a mid-year qualifying event as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. These events are limited and require you to provide supporting documentation to substantiate any changes.
JOIN US AT AN ENROLLMENT FAIR
- Representatives from each health plan will be available to answer your questions and help you make your 2020 benefit elections.
- Representatives from the CalPERS medical plans will only be in attendance for the fairs in Table 2.
Representatives from the CalPERS medical plans will ONLY be present at the two enrollment fairs below.
What’s changing for 2019
- The maximum amount you can contribute to a Health Care Flexible Spending Account is increasing to $2,700 for the 2020 plan year. Enrollment material will be mailed to your home address on file.